Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Taking my favorite long walk in BK.

My cousin Claire sent me a text this afternoon to see if I wanted to take a walk with her to Park Slope and get some sushi. Walking to Park Slope (Washington to Eastern Parkway to Union and then 7th Ave) is my favorite long walk in Brooklyn. The atmosphere and scenes are comforting to my senses. This walk was especially great today -- 70 degrees YUP!

I was delighted to see that the trees in front of the Brooklyn Museum were fully blossomed. What a wonderful sight!




I love colors so I dressed for the occasion. I'm wearing two fun shirts. A long sleeved Berksha shirt that I got from Spain many years ago layered with my brand new Indaba Arts t-shirt. This t-shirt was created by the dynamic duo couple Ibi and Joseph Zoboi. I got a sneak peak of the their summer line (t-shirts, earrings, skirts, carvings and more...they are off the CHAIN!!! Save up and indulge in special creations by artists.

I love to support local artists. When I buy from local artist, I know that the product that I bought was made with LOVE. I also know exactly who my money is going to and I walk away with a unique gift.

Well back to my walk. On my way up 7th Avenue my eyes were immediately drawn to a table filled with some beautiful and colorful glass rings... I didn't plan on spending any money but I had to buy one. It will be perfect for summer...

The jewelry was created by a woman named Cecilia, her company is called Fusing Colors.





Finally, we got to what I thought was EDO a Sushi Restaurant in Park Slope. To my surprise I saw a newly renovated Japanese Restaurant called Shin Ju. It's a very nice looking place and they make my favorite sushi, Inari Maki. My cuz bought the Crispy Tuna Roll, I didn't get anything, wasn't really hungry.



On our way back, I smiled as my eyes gazed at the kids lined up waiting to buys some ices, people sitting on the benches, the dudes skateboarding in front of the Museum..I was filled with the warmth of happiness as I was reminded that summer is near. :-)


No comments: