Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Plane Drama...just plain plane drama.


Del from NYC to Detroit..

We had a connecting flight - NYC to Detroit - Detroit to Amsterdam. I knew something was strange when it was 4:00 PM and we were still waiting to board the plane that was supposed to depart at 4:17 PM. "Just wait here until we tell you to go down," this is what airport security told us. We did not get on the plane until 4:35 PM. The plane didn't take off until around 5:45 PM. I would have been fine with this if our connecting flight in Detroit wasn't leaving at 7:15 PM.

Our plane landed in Detroit at exactly 7:15 PM and we had to run to catch our next plane. When we got to the boarding area, the signs were changed, and the doors were locked. The plane was ready to leave. Luckily, the pilot was notified that a few passengers were just arriving and ready to board. Yeeesh!!! Thank goodness we made it.

It was a cool flight. I watched Slum Dog Millionare and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.



For dinner I had curried chick peas and spinach accompanied by rice with golden raisins. It was a pretty good meal for an airplane dinner.



I slept for a little while but just couldn't get that cozy in the 7 hour flight.
I caught my last good sleep just about an half hour before landing.

No comments: