Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sitting in the JFK airport.

This past February, I thoroughly searched the internet looking for flights to Amsterdam. One of my best friends Kristen once said to me that she planned on traveling outside of the country at least once a year. I thought that was a great goal and made it one of my own. Spring Break in Amsterdam would be beautiful. My first trip was in February, and although it was in the 40's, it was wonderful. My February trip made me fantasize about a warm Amsterdam.



I was deeply hurt after searching the web thoroughly and only finding tickets for over 800. bucks to Amsterdam + Europe in general. Even tickets to the Caribbean were very high. At this point I had to face the reality that I just may not travel this year, well at least not for Spring Break.

Towards the end of February,on the 27th to be exact, I decided to search for tickets again. Although I am not a student, started by searching the student travel website. To my surprise I saw ticket from NYC to Amsterdam for 456 round trip on KLM. Since I am not a student, I searched the North Western/KLM website and found the same tickets. I immediately asked my husband if he wanted to go, "hell yeah" was his response. Without too much thought we booked the tickets. We got two tickets for 912.72 all taxes and fees included. I thought that was a super deal!!!

Now I'm sitting in JFK awaiting my next flight. Just caught a cool deal at BOINGO for internet connection. So, I will be blogging this trip.

I'm certain that I did not forget anything.

Cameras - check.
Batteries - check
Chargers - check
Memory - check
Card Reader- check

Oh and clothes and toothbrush, toothpaste, all of the good stuff too. :-)

Can't wait to see what the Amsterdam Hilton looks like. I hear that it is in a posh neighborhood.

Signing off for now...blogging again soon!

No comments: