Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Q-Tip at Central Park Summer Stage...





Q-Tip RIPPED!!! Central Park Summer Stage today. He clearly channeled the energies of Michael Jackson, J Dilla and James Brown. The Abstract MC burst on to the stage with his opening song Shaka, one of my favorites. He then transitioned into another hot one, Johnny is Dead.

I honestly didn't know what to expect, seeing Q-Tip all alone without Tribe. Q-Tip did a spectacular job at giving the audience a show that will stay with them for quite a while.

The audience was hype, the band was tight, and there was even a guest appearance by P-Diddy.


The highlight for me was the when Q-Tip did the Robot to Dancing Machine and went right into "Move." It was awesome!!!

Oh and then Mr. Abstract had a Funky funky moment during Electric Relaxation...check my video for that one...great!!!

Overall I give Q-Tip a high five for one of the best performances I've seen in a hot minute...Loved it!!!!! Check the video for a snippet...

=

1 comment:

just jaleesa. said...

i was there! q-tip is an amazing performer!